Sept. 19: The ties that bind

It's wrong to think you're smarter than anyone else. probably a more useful strategy is to assume everyone is smarter than you.

-

I love my family but I live across the country from them. I tell people that moving was a necessary career move. That's probably true. But those who are close to me wonder if it was also a conscious decision to separate myself from the people who love me most.

I treat people the same way a moth treats a flame. I don't go too far or I'll die. But if I get too close, I'll burn.

I doubt that's a good thing.

-

My family spoils me whenever I visit. I am treated like a celebrity, like the youngest boy in Jesus's Prodigal Son story.

My dad used to ask when I was coming back home. He doesn't ask anymore. I guess he knows that now that I have a son of my own, I'm stuck out here forever.

-

I don't know why I insist on spending so much time on my own. I don't know why I resent people for trying to get so close to me.

Probably something that happened when I was in Grade 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80