Aug. 28: Around the world in a day

Why in the world would anyone want to around the world in a day? That doesn't sound like much fun at all. You'd spend the entire time traveling and very little time sightseeing. You'd probably come home with bad cases of jetlag and numb bum.

I know this because I went to Ireland for two weeks in 2004 and even then I spent too much time traveling. I decided I wanted to see as much as Ireland as possible. Bad idea. Half the time was spent on trains and buses. If I could do it all over again, I would have concentrated on visiting one part of Ireland - northwest Ireland, f'rinstance. Dingle was my favourite place in Ireland because it had all these tiny little pubs and really old churches and it rained 110 per cent of the time instead of the 150 per cent it usually rains in Ireland.

In Ireland I kissed the Blarney Stone and when I told my boss about it later, he told me that was an hygienic thing to do and that I could get a disease that way. I told him that if he felt so strongly about it, maybe he should stop insisting that his employees kiss his bum.

Here is a picture of two girls I met in Ireland:



I met them while I was doing magic tricks in a pub. The girl on the left is named Shiva. She was named after a Hindu goddess. The girl on the right is probably named Erin. If you are from Ireland and your hair is red, then your name has to be Erin. This is a fact.

That picture is 10 years old now and both those ladies are married now and Shiva has twin four-year-old boys and she works in a factory that makes silverware. Erin is a professional freckle counter.

(I am back from Calgary and I still have very little time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80