June 1: Write a 26-sentence piece with each sentence starting with a different letter of the alphabet

As I watched the sunset while sitting on the roof of my apartment, I saw my friend Xavier lugging a case of Dr. Pepper as he walked up the street.

Beautiful, I thought, knowing how good a Dr. Pepper would taste right now.

"Clickady click," Xavier said, and threw me up a Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper = best drink ever.

Each of us downed a Dr. Pepper before Xavier joined me on the roof."

"Far out," he said when he saw the view.'

"Glad you like it."

"Hey, want me to join you?"

"I would like that."

Just like that, Xavier sat down beside me and do you know what he did next?

Kicked me in the bum.

"Let's not be mean to each other," I said.

"My my, aren't we testy today?"

"No, I just want to watch the sunset in peace."

"Okay," he said.

Peace descended on us as we watched the sunset.

Quickly, we downed two more Dr. Peppers and then the sun was gone.

Randy Travis music began pouring from someone's radio below.

"Shoot," said Xavier, who hates country music.

"Take it like a man," I warned.

"Ugly music like that should not be tolerated."

"Vampires say things like that," I said, "not human beings."

"Wimps say things like that."

"Xavier, that's mean."

"You don't like it?"

Zargon, an alien from outer space, zapped him for being mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80