Oct. 9: Where I'd like to be when I'm 50

Well I hope that by the time I'm 50 I have at least one novel published.

I know I sound like a broken record when I say that. When I was in my 20s, I wanted to have at least one book published by the time I hit 30. Then in my 30s, I made that my goal for the big four-oh. Still hasn't happened. I don't blame the publishing industry for "failing to recognize my genius." It may very well be that I am a mediocre writer. But even if I was great, that wouldn't matter. Publishers are always rejecting quality manuscripts, choosing to print crap like Pamela Anderson's book STAR instead. Oh well.

Umm... I guess I hope I'm relatively healthy and that I'm not 50 pounds heavier than what I am now. If I don't publish a novel, I'll probably still be living in this crappy walk-up two-room apartment. But you know what? I don't care if I live in a crappy walk-up two-room apartment for the rest of my life. There's plenty of people in the world who don't even have homes at all. Be grateful for what you've got, man.

When I turn 50, my son will be a month and change from his 10th birthday. If I get to hang out with him on his 10th birthday, I guess I'll be a happy half-centennarian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80