Oct. 4: What scares me about parenting

I guess what scares me now is that my son doesn't take me seriously. When I am with him, I am goofy and silly. I wrestle him and give him zerbits and we spend most of our time laughing together. I enjoy it but the downside is he'll start viewing me as a plaything, not an authority figure.

He does already, actually.

We're at the playground and my son starts to run to the parking lot. I yell at him to stop. He doesn't. He thinks I'm playing. He runs into the parking lot, shrieking laughter, and is honestly bewildered when I scoop him up and plant him back in his stroller for a time out.

I have discovered that I have an absolute no-nonsense voice that works everytime. Problem is it takes a lot of energy to channel it. It is like a level 32 magic user spell.

One thing that doesn't scare me is that I'll run into a kid cuter than my son one day.

Won't happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80