Oct. 14: Vending machines

I put a toonie in a vending machine the other day. I did it because my kid saw the machine and became enraptured by it. "Ball," he said. The vending machine was filled with round plastic containers which my son, using his 20-month old brain, interpreted as balls.

So I bought a ball which, strangely enough, contained a miniature beach ball.

I blew the ball up and handed it to my son. He immediately became obsessed with it. For the next 10 minutes, he threw it around the house. Then he became interested in an empty water bottle in my recycling bin. The beach ball was abandoned. I'm looking at it now. It's a deflated multi-coloured pile of rubber lying on my living room floor.

-

I used to know a person who made a lot of money with vending machines. He told me there was a lot of overhead he had to pay before he started making money. The machines themselves were expensive and he had to pay rent to a number of institutions in order to house his machines. He said he serviced them once a week. The back of his car was filled with candy bars and chip bags and bagloads of peanuts from the Bulk Barn.

That's all. I'm tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80