Oct. 28: celebrity dreams

I had a dream the other day that I was taking a shower with Malcolm X.

That's really freakin funnyThat's really freakin funny

I don't remember where the shower was located or why we were showering together (I'd like to think we were just strangers who were getting ready for a dip at the swimming pool.) In my dream, Malcolm X was washing his hair while chastising me for being a white devil. He spoke with the fury of a revival preacher - telling me that Allah would hold me responsible for the atrocities my ancestors committed upon his people. I didn't argue with Malcom X, and for two reasons. The first was that I knew he'd probably whup my ass in a debate. The second was that it was obvious I was dreaming.

After I left the shower, I walked into a kitchen and opened a fridge. Malcolm X's disembodied head was in there. It was yelling at me and eyeballing the bacon. "Don't you be serving that to my brothers," it said. "The swine is a filthy beast and so is perfect for white devils like you, but it has no business in the bellies of God's chosen."

So yeah...

-

Why my subconscious decided to throw me in a shower with Malcolm X, I have no idea. I had not thought about Malcolm X in years, though Spike Lee's 19992 biopic about the man is in my movie collection. I watched it last night. Good movie. Denzel Washington deserved the Oscar but that's the year Pacino won for Scent of a Woman.

Hoo-waHoo-wa

-

Malcolm X is not the only celebrity who has appeared in my dreams. Once I had a dream that I was camping and Alec Baldwin was sitting on the picnic table. He was smoking a cigarette. He asked me if I had any tuna.

Another time I dreamed that I had to drive Amanda Marshall to the Yukon so she could do a concert there. She sat in the backseat and refused to talk to me.

And once I dreamed that I was buying a house from Bono, the lead singer of U2. It was a white house by a river. Bono took me into the house and led me to the basement, where several dead bodies were hanging from the rafters.

That last dream intrigued me so much that I went to the library and borrowed a book on dream interpretation. According to the book, I am unhappy because I am repressing my desire for Bono. What I really need to do is profess my love for him (and thus get the corpses out of the basement) so that my life can be as beautiful as I like it to appear on the surface (beautiful white house by the river.)

To which I say:

:P

-

When I was 17, I had a dream about Kristina Wayborn, the actress who played Magda in the 1982 James Bond movie, Octopussy. Since I try to keep this blog rated PG, I will not describe the dream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80