July 30: Teenaged pregnancy

I think a lot of teenaged girls choose to have abortions because they’re afraid to tell their parents that they’re pregnant.

I’m pro-life, which means I’ll never recommend anyone get an abortion. I won’t get into an anti-abortion screed here because everything that’s ever been said about abortion has been said already by people way smarter than me.

What I will say is I don’t have a whole lot of patience for the people who want to outlaw abortion and then pass tax laws that will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for young mothers to raise their children. It’s easy to condemn abortion when you’re sitting in the throne room of your ivory tower, not so much when you’re smelling rotten garbage while you walk down a rain-soaked cracked sidewalk of the ghetto.

And that’s all I’m going to say about this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80