July 7: Tomorrow never comes

 Contemplate, if you will, the words of Roger Whittaker from his 1971 song, New World in the Morning:

Everybody talks about a new world in the morning. A new world in the morning so they say. 
I, myself don't talk about a new world in the morning. A new world in the morning, that's today.
And I can feel a new tomorrow comin' on.
And I don't know why I have to make a song. Everybody talks a bout a new world in the morning. New world in the morning takes so long.

I met a man who had a dream he had since he was twenty. I met that man when he was eighty-one. He said too many people just stand and wait up til the mornin', Don't they know tomorrow never comes.
And he would feel a new tomorrow coming on. And when he'd smile his eyes would twinkle up in thought. Everybody talks about a new world in the morning. New world in the morning never comes.
And I can feel a new tomorrow coming on.
And I don't know why I have to make a song. Everybody talks about a new world in the morning. New world in the morning takes so long.

 It's not often that I'll let note-a-day be mostly usurped by a 50-year-old popular music song. But I may just do it here. The whole point of New World in the Morning is that time waits for no one and procrastination is everyone's enemy. If you have a dream, work on it today.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80