July 17: Happenings

 Plenty of stuff happened today. They include:

- Got up and took kid to church.

- Listened to a sermon based on 1 John 4 that sounded like it was being read off paper.

- Took kiddo to breakfast as usual spot (All New Restaurant in Cornwall.) There was a lineup so we had to wait.

- While waiting, talked to a passionate 12-year-old hockey fan and her family. She told me that her big dream is to be a sports photographer. I invited her to cover a game with me sometime in the winter and maybe she could get a photo credit too. She was thrilled.

- Took kiddo to splash pad in Cornwall for one hour.

- Took kiddo to a tribute concert to a local musical legend who passed away earlier this year.

- Took kiddo to another splash pad in another town.

- Went grocery shopping.

- Tried to take kiddo home only to discover that kiddo's mom was busy installing a bookshelf and would rather kiddo be out of the house for a bit.

- Took kiddo to yet another splash pad (I think we set a record for most splash pads in one day.)

- Brought kiddo home. On the way back, he tripped over a cinderblock and skinned his knee.

- Sat on couch to write this note.

- Scolded Calgary poets who don't use prepositions or pronouns.

-

So above are a whole lot of happenings that happened to me today. If you're not a friend of mine, you probably found that boring.

In my native Calgary, one of the biggest happenings is that Johnny Gaudreau, a star player for the Calgary Flames, opted not to resign with the team. Instead, he tested free agency and wound up signing a deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets. I am not a snit about this. I am a Flames fan but I don't worship the team. Mr. Gaudreau should be allowed to play hockey wherever he darn well pleases.

I am a psychic so I will tell you some other things that are happening right now in various parts of the universe:

- Someone in New York City is eating a Big Mac at McDonalds.

- A penguin just dived into the water in Antarctica.

- Stephen King is pulling a crumb out of his beard.

- A bumblebee just stung one.

- Factories are making things in China.

- On Jupiter, it is raining diamonds.

- In Vancouver, someone is speeding.

- Someone is getting a haircut for the first time.

- A bear is walking in the woods.

- Someone is buying a jar of pickles somewhere in Europe.

- Scott Alderson is writing a poem about this note. He will share it with me too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80