Dec. 29: Hyper-sensitive people tend to lack personal insight

I used to know this girl named Mico. Most sensitive person you could ever meet. Say anything even slightly critical and she'd have a meltdown. No idea what happened to that poor girl to make her so fragile. I know she grew up on a farm and I think she was homeschooled. Sweet girl. Nice looking girl. She used to pick wildflowers and wear them in her hair. Never missed church. Never heard a dirty word come out of her mouth.

She fell for some douchebag she met in a dive bar. Put her on the back of his motorbike, told her he loved her and she believed it long enough to give him her virginity. He was out of her life a couple weeks later. He was a player. Mico once told me she dreamed about being a virgin on her wedding night. I asked her if she'd told the douchebag that and she said no. She didn't think he'd like her if she told him that.

-

If you're super sensitive about something, chances are there's something you're trying to hide.

-

I have no idea where Mico is right now. Facebook gives me nothing. An old acquaintance once told me she was living on the west coast and had gotten married and divorced. Had a couple boys. Going through AA. I wasn't surprised.

Life just never turns out the way we'd like it too.

-

I'm not as sensitive as I used to be. I'm cynical now, I guess. Time has hardened me.

I used to be a hopeless romantic. I don't think I am now. Maybe I just don't believe in happy endings anymore.

-

When parents complain about how sensitive their kids are, I feel like they're complaining about how their kids need to breathe oxygen.

Of course they're sensitive - THEY'RE KIDS!!! When you're a teenager, pretty much every message you're getting is that you're not beautiful enough or you're not smart enough or you're not talented enough to be cool. If I was a principal of a junior high school, I would kick off every year by having a mass burning of Tiger Beat magazine and every other shitty piece of propaganda whose sole purpose is to make teenaged girls feel ugly.

-

Hyper-sensitivity is an awful thing to have if you're trying to accomplish something. You need the ability to look at yourself dispassionately in order to assess your achievements.

I need a shave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80