April 27: The painting I'd most like to step into

Probably Da Vinci's Last Supper



Yeah yeah, I know it's hardly historically accurate. Jesus and the apostles probably weren't white guys and they probably didn't insist on sitting on one side of the table either. There may not have even been a table. They could have been sitting on the floor. They may not have even had plates. I don't care.

I'd walk into it because it's the most famous representation of Christ's life that the world of art has ever produced.

I doubt I'd get an accurate portrayal of first century Palestine. I'd probably see the world the way a 16th century Italian would have envisioned it. I hope I'd get to talk to Christ though it would surely be a sad time for him. I certainly wouldn't want to bother Him with my philosophical queries shortly after He announced that Judas was going to betray him.

If it wasn't the Last Supper, I might step into this painting here...



That is Eight Red Rectangles by Kazimir Malevich. It looks like something I could make with mousepaint.

I would want to step into that painting and see what the rectangles would do. Maybe they'd chase me.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I want Ginger Ale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80