May 25: Poem assignment

Assignment: Write a poem that mentions a vegetable, an American capital, and something you'd find in a hardware store

The reason I'm so drunk with power
is I just ate a cauliflour
it makes me want to jump and fight
and munch on veggies that are white

O cauliflour, you are great
I swallowed you at half past eight
and now, with hammer in my grip
I'll build a house, I'll build a ship

I'll build a mansion and a rake
I'll build a fence to guard the lake
I'll build a garden that's so pretty
I'll build a jail in Carson City

I'll build until the day is done
and then I'll build myself a sun
to shine on me throughout the night
and shine on veggies that are white

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80