May 10: What Christina and Josh should do to celebrate their 10th anniversary

I used to have a friend named Christina Long. I met her only once. Here is a picture I took the day we met.



Christina is still my friend but her name is no longer Christina Long. Her name is now Christina Gerbrandt. Here is why her name is Christina Gerbrandt: She married someone whose last name is Gerbrandt.

I am happy that Christina found marital bliss but I am unhappy that she changed her name because now, I can no longer make awful puns about her last name.

There was a time when Christina would email me after a few months and I would reply: "Wow! I haven't heard from you in a LONG time."

Now I have to say: "Wow! I haven't heard from you in a Gerbrandt time."

Not funny.

So for their fourth anniversary, Christina and Josh should go to the department of name changes and change their last names to Long. Both of 'em. Then I can keep making Long jokes and they will be funny.


Kurt Browning approves of this message. He disapproves of the Hair Club for Men.
Kurt Browning approves of this message. He disapproves of the Hair Club for Men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80