Dec. 6: Oh, here we go again

 So sometimes my kid doesn't sleep.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with autism, but sometimes he just gets this great big ball of energy in him that refuses to go away. When he's like this, he is the happiest and loudest human being on Earth. He will jump up and down on his trampoline and shriek at the top of his lungs, sometimes at three in the morning.

Sunday night was one such affair. It hit him the following Monday too. Do you think kiddo cared, even in the slightest, that his old man had a busy day of work ahead of him? Nope. Oh, here we go again, I thought.

Didn't help much that I had a killer headache that night. Ash was good to me, bringing me a couple max strength Advils for me to numb the pain. But kiddo, well he just would not sleep. Small miracle that he got up the next morning to go to school.

So I am exhausted, which probably explains the abbreviated nature of this note.

Edited to add - also explains why it was posted late.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80