Aug. 5: The flow

I like things that flow. I like water because all it does is flow. I live near a river and sometimes I'll walk down to it and just watch the water flow. It gives me - in the words of the Eagles - a peaceful easy feeling.

The river flows away from the pond that is the town's centrepiece. Bordering part of the pond is a beach. There is a park there too and there's playground equipment, a community centre and even a splash pad for the young kiddies.

Here are other things that flow:

- Blood
- Vomit
- Tears
- Pee

Tears don't flow from my eyes very often, not even when I'm watching the final scene of Terminator 2. By the way, the Terminator movies are the best things James Cameron ever did. Titanic is awful and it's overrated too.

If I cut my hand off, blood would flow from the severed stump. Fortunately, I don't bleed very often because I rarely cut myself. The last time I cut myself really bad was in 1999 when I was working at the Real Canadian Superstore in Regina. I was cleaning a bin that contained golden raisins and my thumb brushed across a jagged edge and cut it wide open. Blood started flowing everywhere. My boss, a guy named Pat Mohan, told me to find a first aid kit and take care of myself. He said he was starting to feel faint because he didn't like the sight of blood.

-

Golden raisins are bad. They always stick together and they get all gunky and stuff. They don't taste good either.



-

Once in the summer of 1991, I fell off my bike on the way down to Southcentre mall to meet my best friend. Actually, it's a bit of an understatement to say I fell off my bike. What happened was I was riding downhill and my front tire hit a jag and the whole bike twisted and I flew right off the bike and landed on my face. I bit right through my lip and there was blood everywhere. I needed stitches and my bike was wrecked.

Blood flowed everywhere.

-

The Bible says that without the shedding of blood, there can be no forgiveness of sins. It also says that Jesus became the perfect sacrifice and that He shed His blood for us and that anyone who believes in Him can have their sins forgiven.

It is probably a bad thing that I am talking about Jesus when, only a minute ago, I was talking about how much I hate golden raisins. Well, I go where the muse takes me and I am happy that I got to talk about the New Testament a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80