Sept. 26: riding a wild horse

 The title comes from someone at the table where I am sitting as I cover an awards ceremony.


I don’t think I have been on a horse in more than 25 years. I have never been on a wild horse. I have some people attempt it. Rodeo.

In Stettler, a cowboy got his hand caught in the harness. The horse wound up dragging him all over the ring, the cowboy screaming the whole time. I got a picture. When he got free, the cowboy lay in the dirt face down, clutching his injured hand. The photographers went crazy. One of the other cowboys told them to cool it.

I can’t find that picture online. The cowboy is probably grateful.

-

I don’t care what PETA says, rodeos are fun to photograph. Even if you’re a beginner photog, you can get a shot.

That’s all folks. Duty calls 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80