Dec. 23: The space between

 I have a space between my two front teeth. My grandfather had it and I inherited it from him. When I was younger, I had an opportunity to close the gap through the magic of orthodontics. I refused. I didn't want to wear braces for two years. I felt nerdy enough already, I didn't need a bunch of steel contributing to my nerdiness.

When I decided I wanted to be an actor, I was told that the gap could prove disadvantageous. Film actors tend to have perfect teeth. Film actors tend to have perfect everything.

Here is a list of famous people who have spaces between their teeth:

- Madonna

- David Letterman

- Sandra Bernhardt

- Willem Dafoe

- Eddie Murphy

- Anna Paquin

- Elijah Wood

Spaces didn't mess with them much. I'm in good company.

-

By the way, the formal name for having spaces between your teeth is diastema. Black people are more prone to this condition (Seal also has it) but I'm not sure why. Probably something to do with evolution.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80