Dec. 14: Dogs named Snoopy

It is my humble opinion that no dog should ever be named Snoopy. This would be a wonderful act of respect for the most famous dog of all time.


Charles Schulz once said that Charlie Brown reminded him of who he actually was; Snoopy reminded him of who he'd like to be. 

Snoopy has a rich fantasy life. He's a world famous author, an attorney, a check out boy, a scout leader, a college student and, most famously, a World War I flying ace. Charles Schulz had a thought on that too: "Snoppy has to retreat into a fantasy life because a dog's life is so boring."

True, dat.

I've never been in prison, but I imagine it's a lot like that too.

-

I've never had a dog named Snoppy. It would be a sacrilege. I remember having three dogs in a row named Spanky. The first was a beagle, the second was a golden lab, the last was a dalmatian. I was really young and thought all dogs had to be called Spanky. If I ever own a dog, I might call him Spanky. Why not? The circle can start over again.

-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80