Jan. 5: Bigger is always better

My best friend used to drink a Super Big Gulp everyday on the way home from school.

I'm talking EVERY DAY! At the time 7-Eleven sold the Super Big Gulp for about a dollar. A Super Big Gulp was more than one litre of pop. That means my amigo was drinking more than one thousand millilitres of Coca-Cola everyday. I viewed this habit with quiet alarm. My friend was a little overweight but he didn't seem too distressed about it. Also, we were too young to worry about crap like mortality anyway, but I was still concerned that my friend was drinking too much pop.

So don't go around telling me that bigger is always better.

-

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to stop drinking pop. I'm going to go 365 days without a drop of Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Root Beer or my beloved Dr. Pepper. 2015 has been on for five days now and I don't miss pop at all. In fact, I'm enjoying my water.

A couple of years ago, I ran into a friend and his wife. I noticed that she'd lost a lot of weight and I complimented her on her new look. She thanked me and then told me that the weight loss was due entirely to her eliminating two things from her diet - potato chips and pop.

-

Now that I think about it, there are not very many instances when bigger is always better. I know a lot of guys have reputations for liking big boobs but sometimes a boob can just be too big, right? I mean, imagine if a girl's boobs were as big as the Empire State Building. That wouldn't be very fun.

Some examples of things where bigger is always better:

- Bank accounts (the money you don't need could be given to charity)
- Hotel rooms
- Anything you are trying to find
- West Edmonton Mall
- Drinking water supplies
- Fireworks displays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80