Sept. 6: Why men like dogs


 

 

Men like dogs because men like to feel needed. Dogs excel at this.

-

Much has been written about men and their relationships with dogs, who have been known as Man's Best Friend for as long as I can remember. 

I have never owned a dog, though I have lived in dog houses for most of my early life. If memory serves, I've shared roofs with nine dogs. When I moved out on my own, I did not get a dog. I couldn't. I was an apartment dweller. But so many times I stopped people walking dogs on the street. This was especially true of the dogs were St. Bernards, which are my favourite dogs.

"I don't own a dog. I just borrow other people's for a few minutes."

That was my standard witticism.

Sometimes,  I pet the dog so vigorously that the owner jokes that I should adopt it.

-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 13: You don't know what you gave up

Dec.19: The day Steve dropped my Phoenix

Dec. 10: Brothers over 80